Any hints on how to organize freezers--want to defrost as soon as warm weather

I have a small freeze on the side of fridge and then a big freezer in the garage and every time I open it things fall down. I do have bins I bought for the bottom but any other ideas. Group by sizes, items that go together. Thanks

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 3:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Be sure you label everything with what and when. Keep the older things to the front to be used first. Have a list on the front of the freezer as to what you have, try to use the things from the top of the list first (older). Have one shelf for meats, one for prepackaged foods (pizza, etc.), one for frozen veggies, etc. Try to plan ahead and take out enough for 3 to 4 days at a time. If thawed in the fridge, it will take a couple of days anyway, so no worry. I also used to make up meatloaf, meatballs, stuffed cabbage, and spaghetti sauce on one day, freeze everything, then all I had to do was pull it out of the freezer on the morning I would cook it. Helped when I was working.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 3:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• label everything with what it is and a date. Put the things that will expire first in the front.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011