Been to Ireland?

I'm going to Ireland this summer with my mom..we're flying into Shannon and have some cool things on our itinerary..mostly want to be outdoors in the natural beauty of the country. What did you do when you went?

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 3:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Travel

• no but it's one of the places i would love to visit.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 3:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My dad went there for an entire month and he loved it!!! There r alot of pubs! The beauty is breathtaking!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i lived in loughrea(it was not too far from galway) for a summer. it was a beautiful place, and the sightseeing was cheaper than in england. better than the scenery was the happiness of the people! take an umbrella, or be sure to have a jacket with a hood! you should have a great time!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• No, but my Husband and I plan to go there to celebrate Our 10th Anniversary. Here's a bump, and have fun!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It's beautiful, I went to Dublin a few years ago for a wedding; the scenery is lovely and the people are very friendly and fun. I love it there.
    JuliaW

Answer by JuliaW at 4:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I've been three times, for a total of about 4 months. I loved every bit of it. Dublin is my favorite city in the world. Dublinia, a museum sort of attraction, is a ton of fun, the Guinness Brewery is fantastic and the bus tours are a must. You get to see the main attractions and ride a cool bus. Make sure you take DART out to Dun Laoghaire and Howth. Galway is a great city, too. It's the Irish language capital of the country.

My best advice is to rent a car and drive throughout the countryside. You will be able to drive right up to ruins! It's amazing.

Have fun! I'm super jealous.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 4:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Many times (my husband and kids are US+ Irish citizens). The southwest coast of Ireland (near Shannon) is beautiful. Are you going to Killarney? Doing the Ring of Kerry? Dingle Bay and Inch? I have been all over the Island-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Oh I want to know too. I'm going in August.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2011