Did an experience with the paranormal make you a "believer" that something happens after you die? Or if not, I'd still like to hear about your opinions!

I have been studying thanatology lately, the study of death. I just find it fascinating how our lives are chaotic (in a good and bad way) then one day POOF we cease to exist. We become worm food and like before we were born, we are just, no more. And perhaps all the theories of afterlife are just our way of making sense of the life cycle. But since the visit from my grandfather many years ago I have been convinced otherwise. Something might happen. We might not be able to see, hear and feel it like we can see, hear and feel everything in this life, but perhaps something will happen. Someone told me yes we CAN see, hear and feel things after we die. But there is no evidence of that...or is there?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My father appeared to me in the form of a cloud 4 months after he died. I was facing the biggest tornado I had ever seen and scared to death. The sky opened up, a cloud started rising into the circle in the shape of a head (I could see eyes, nose, mouth), then shoulders, to chest area. Hand rose palm upward, then turned towards me. I felt instant peace and calm. I knew it was him and I knew I would be safe. I have had other visitations, but none as blatant and clear as this one.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 3:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have had a couple of experiences that make me know theres more after life. First my bio dad died and mind you I never met the guy. I got this strong feeling of grief one day out of the blue and started sobbing. I decided I was going to look for my bio dad that day. Four months later I got a call from the private detective and she told me my dad had died, on the very day I had those feelings. I dont think it was a coincidence.
    Then in 2002 my grandma died and she had always told my oldest dd she was watch her even if she died. We went to bed one night and we both woke up to her standing at the foot of our bed. She had only passed on a couple days before. I know it wasnt a dream since both me and my dd saw the same thing.

Answer by gemgem at 3:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I was raised Christian, so I had been brought up with a belief in life after death. Then I had a few experiences, some good, some bad, that just reinforced that belief. Now that I'm not longer Christian and see life after death a bit differently, I still know that there's something there in the end. Maybe several somethings. The possibilities are endless really.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I've had enough experiences to believe in life after death and reincarnation and the possibility that this life on earth isn't the real "life." I know, crazy crazy!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I've lived with it all my life. There is life after the death of the body.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• No, I've never had a paranormal experience. I've been a believer since I was a child.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2011