How would I go about separating from my husband when neither of us can afford to stay in our house alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• see if you qualify for low incoming housing
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 3:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• The assets get split. If neither of you can afford to stay in the house, you'll have to sell. I say this from what I've seen one of my best friends go through, not from personal experience.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 3:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Thats why you have to take that risk and think it out. If you leave him with the house, you have to leave it all to him to figure it out since it is a seperation, but it could go into foreclosure so you have to ask yourself if its worth it too. Maybe you just have to look at it a different way and save your marriage instead, idk.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• you'll have to find a way to support yourself on your own without his help. some people work 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet. then move out and move on. easier said than done but if its what you want or need youll find a way if you try hard enough
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I tried to save it. He cheated on me and I forgave jim but I can tell he is no longer in love with me. What else can I do?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I am not working 2 to 3 jobs. Who will take care of my daughter? He is her father. He has to support her too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I know what you mean. I would have divorced my dh a long time ago. We are going from paycheck to paycheck now. So I now we couldn't make it on our own. Good luck!!!
    Anonymous

• I know a few people that have separated and are still living in the same house for the same reason. While it's not an ideal situation, it's a temporary solution until you can both get on your feet.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Have you tried talking to him about it? Ask him if there is anything left to save of the marriage. If he says yes, try to work it out. If he says no, ask then what "we" can do? Does he want you to leave the house? In my town there are plenty of converted or over-the-garage apartments or Mother-in-law cottages that would work for you and your daughter. Maybe you have a friend that's a SAH mom that would watch her while you work. Try to sell the house while one of you stays until the money comes through.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 3:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Family is family for a reason. Move in with them until you get on your feet.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011