My finance company wont work with me.

Ok, so i have been on a payment plan to catch up my mortgage for a while now and have my payments everyn month. I called to day to ask if i could pay two in march instead of paying the one today for february. i tried to explain to them that my husband is still working on a job and we wont get paid until he finishes. And i dont get paid until the 9th. They said no that i should have had the money by now. Again i tried to explain the situation and that i wanted to make two payments in march. The lady continued to talk to me rudley saying that i didn't care about my home obviously and that maybe my husband needed to get another job and they were going to procede with sending the account to legal if i didn't make the payment to day. I called to talk to another lady and she basically told me the same that maybe we needed other jobs if we cant pay orur bills. I was simply asking for a little more time. I wasn't saying i couldn't pay it. And i asked for someone else higher and they said there was no one else to talk to they were sending it to legal if i didn' t pay right then.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• Whatever you do, send in the payment as soon as you can. Document all of your calls and when payments were made. try to put everything else on hold until you are caught up. It looks much better for your case if you do not have anything outstanding, even if the payments were late.
    How much longer until you can catch up?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I don't know . They have me set up to pay at the end of the month everymonth. They told me today that paying my payment on the end of the month, my account gets a late charge. She said i have $400.00 in late charges. It is like 30 each month is is b[past the 11th. I don't know what to do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You should know the stakes and sacrifice simple luxuries if it means keeping your house especially if your behind on it
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I'm not an attorney nor do I play one on TV, but I have been in similar shoes.

Here's the deal. 1) You don't have to get current on late charges. They can sit for a long long time. You just have to pay your regular monthly payments. 2) If you're on a repayment plan however, you need to pay on time as the whole foreclosure process can be sped up once you are on a repayment plan. 3) Given the current market however, most finance companies are going to take your money when you can pay it at least for a little while but obviously they're not going to SAY that. They don't want to be stuck w/ the house either.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Get a lawyer to help you, they are infamous for taking advantage of people with no advocate. You can get one free if you are eligible, if not contact me, I can enroll you into a legal plan thats affordable.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Well I would be tempted to save my money, move somewhere cheaper, and let them foreclose it. Or you can try an attorney. Good luck. They hurt just as much as you when you can't pay.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011