MOMMIES ALREADY, HELP!!!

I know being uncomfortable comes along with being pregnant but this is crazy...I know pressure comes with the baby moving down n all & all that good stuff...& its come off n on..i've been able to deal with it but since about 1 O'clock I havn't been able to to move. any little movements shoots SHARP pains baby is acting totally normal...I can't time the pains its hurts to much I forget too...doctor said everythings fine...he won't check me and 2 weeks ago I was not dialated so I doubt I am now...I've taken tynoel ,warm bath,I tried walking it hurts anything else I can do?????? 37 W n 5 days

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They may be contractions honey, I would call your doctor and tell him you think you are having contraction, it is his job to see you , remember that YOU pay HIM, don't worry about bugging him at all.

If that is not a route that you want to go, then head into the ER, they should direct you to the Labor and Delivery since you are so far along, and they will be able to help you out.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Its possible that the baby is on your sciatic nerve, that is the only explanation aside from contractions that I can think of, in which case there is nothing really that you can do besides relax.

Do the pains only come when you are trying to move, or are they happening when you are lying still as well?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Get onto all fours and try to float the baby away from wherever he/she is laying...sounds like they might be on a nerve. If it doesn't get better...go to ER....thats what I would do
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 4:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Where are the shooting pains? Mine were in my back and I loved laying on a heating pad... My doc said it was perfctly safe.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• If nothing is helping the pain then I would go to the hospital. Although you were not dialated 2 weeks ago you might be now. The worst that will happen is that they will send you home and nothing is going on. If there is something going on then they will be there to help you.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• OP
    The pains are in my pelivc area....and there when I'm just sitting still too...I just want it to stop...now dull back pain has started!! great.........
    Anonymous

• Where are the pains? In your back, legs, stomach? I agree that it could be your sciatic nerve. My son's head would sometimes put pressure on my sciatic nerve and my legs would give out while I was standing. Hot showers usually helped.
    RachelGuz

Answer by RachelGuz at 4:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Honey, a lot can happen in 2 weeks! I was going to agree that it was sciatica (had it my entire second trimester and into my 3rd) but since you said it is in your pelvis then that rules that out. You might not be ready yet, but the baby has probably dropped. When my dd dropped I couldn't get out of bed. It felt like her forehead was rubbing against my pubic bone.
    fmchavez

Answer by fmchavez at 5:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2008