Any suggestions to keep 41/2 month old to sleep?

About a week out of every month she refuses to sleep during the day. If she does it is only for 10 or so minutes. I have two other children and during the time she wont sleep I cant do alot with them because she is sooo grumpy. Not to mention the dishes dishes REALLY need to be done. I have a sling but I cant wear her all day with a bad back. An hour is all I can do without hurting myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I swaddle, swaddle, swaddle. I really like the kiddopotamus swaddlers. Put her swaddled up inside a boppy, in a swing, bouncer, whatever she like the most. Bathtime also makes my baby feel relaxed and sleepy.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 4:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• my daughter is like that she will be 5 months in 3 days what i do is i have a play mat for her to play with i just let her play with it while i do things and i turn around to check on her and out she is like a light she wears herself out.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 4:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• its prob a growth spurt! she will sleep way more or way less during those times
    Anonymous

• My son was like that when he was four months, but it was everyday. When he got to be five months he started taking two naps a day for an hour or more a piece. That was so relieving and it made me so happy. Just give it time I know how you feel I went through it to. I do the dishes at night now when my husband gets home from work so I don't get inturrupted but than again It's only the three of us so we don't have that many dishes hopefully that could work for you.
    Anonymous