What are some potty training ideas for a 3 year old boy?

My son insists on hiding and pottying in his clothes. Do you have any potty training ideas?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have him follow dad into the bathroom. He will watch and learn. Tell him big boys use the potty. Big boys get to do special things when they use the potty. Big boys get ice cream for dessert when they use the potty. Big boys get to go to the park when they learn to use the potty. Whatever peaks his interest. Don't force him, though. That makes it worse.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I started getting my son accustomed to the potty around 2 1/2. I made a "potty jar" that had smarties in there so when he went poop, he got 2 and when he peed, he got 1. I have heard of making charts and putting stickers on there. Once you fill up the row of stickers, he gets a prize. (a Hot Wheels car, etc..)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 4:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• praise him get him fun undies with cars or sprider man and tell him not to pee on his cool undies.. it is hard but he will get the hang of it and stop trust me now my son is happy to go just keep asking if he needs to go pee like every 10 mins and if he doesn't then take him and sit him down and sit with him... it will take a bit but don't give up or stress about it... you can do.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I hope to see more answers because Im going threw this right now!
    YouHaveNoClue

Answer by YouHaveNoClue at 4:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• He will go pee pee sometimes but Number 2.. He hides. UGH!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i'm having the same problem with my 3 year old i've tried rewards and gifts games leting him sit and watch movies everything i can think of and i'm not having any luck.
    ameliaborrego

Answer by ameliaborrego at 11:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2011