So mad at my ex!!!!!

My oldest daughter, who is 14, moved in with her dad 6 months ago. Just got a phone call and she tellls me she was 6 weeks pregnant. She is 3 hours away. What can I do to help her? What do I do to keep from killing my ex? I know it's not completely his fault. But I just feel like if I was there maybe this could have been prevented.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• 14!!!! Damn!!! Way too young!!!! I guess your ex did not keep tabs on her and the boy! I would be mad too!!! U can probably forget the idea of the boys family. Chances r the ex does not even know who he is! Does she want to live with u? I would make her move back in with u!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would not do or say anything until you have calmed down. then the three of you, plus the boyfriend and his family need to all sit down and calmly discuss the options and come up with a plan. Has she said what she wants to do? Is this guy a boyfriend or just some dude?
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Agree with kemclaughlin- everybody needs to calm down and sit down together for a talk.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Wow! That sucks I am sorry. But it is not your fault or you ex fault. Unless neither of you talked about birth contol or condoms. Because ultimately if your teen wanted to have sex she was going to.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 4:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• maybe you need a little time.
    I'd see what you could do to find out who the father is. I hate to sound sick here, but I would make sure that it's not your ex husband. Stranger things have happened.

Good luck to you and your daughter.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• First calm down. Then maybe see about going up and talking to your dd first and asking what her plans are away from the ex. Then do a group meeting. Your job at this point is to support her in her decisions if you can. My dd got pregnant at 16 and I had to go through the disappointment, and I had custody. I let her make the decision for herself, it was her life and then I supported that decision. She had my grandson whose now 4 (my youngest is only 18 mths old) and he is a joy I cant imagine not having.

Answer by gemgem at 4:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Y does it depend on how she feels! She is a minor! U r the mom Dad dropped the ball big time!!! U need to make her move back home!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You cant say it couldn't have happened if she was with you or not. My neice got pregnant at 14 with her mom dragging her back in the after telling her she was not going with her 18 year old BOYFRIEND that my sister did not agree for her to be seeing in the first place. My neice punched her mom in the face. My sister called the cops and the police told my sister if they had to come back they would arrest my sister for demestic abuse.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Having a child at fourteen is physically unhealthy for your daughter and potentially emotionally disastrous for all concerned. 

Answer by rkoloms at 6:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Not really sure about the boyfriend deal. I didn't even know she was seeing anyone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011