How will my ex getting deployed effect my child support?

My ex is being deployed to Afghanistan in a week. Will that effect my child support? I use my CS money to pay my rent so I'm worried about not having access to it in time.

ETA: I use my CS to pay my rent because I receive it on the third and my rent is due on the fifth. I don't get my pay check from MY JOB (40 hrs/wk, tyvm) until the 15th, which is too late to pay my rent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• No. If you have been getting it through garnishment itll be the same. If you havent then you need to call his CO and let them know you have a court order and they set it up for you.

Answer by gemgem at 4:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Oh my gosh the ASSumptions some of you ladies make! You should be ashamed of yourselves and you probably are since you're posting anonymous. Even if she does use the child support money to pay the rent, she's keeping a friggin roof over her kids head!

To the poster of this question, my apologies for some of the women on this website, not everyone is such a b****.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't think it would effect it. Not for sure though.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Is it currently being sent directly to you either in a check or direct deposit? If so nothing should change as long as he isn't MIA or KIA. and he doesn't change it. Usually DFAS requires a court order to change an allotment for child support (if they know that is what it is for).
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Anyone who pays or receives child support should know that it is not enough to live on without some sort of other income. However, you should NEVER be in a position to where you rely 100% on the CS in order to survive. If you are set up through the CSEA, Child Support Enforcement Agency, then you will be fine and still get your CS on time. However, if you and your ex just have an agreement set up and it is up to him when he pays you, expect it to be late at times. They do not always have access to computers when they are deployed.

If you have a court order and CSEA is in the picture, once again you will be fine. If you have a court order, CSEA is not in the picture, then you need to call his CoC and talk about having a direct deposit set up.... NOW. Do not wait until he is overseas to handle this issue!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• edit to above... it .
    Anonymous

• Hey anon why dont you go shove it up your ass. I bet your some step mom just stirring trouble.
    Anonymous

• Nope sorry hun, I am mom to four and my ex husband pays child support and it is used to support my son, not me. I am remarried and I have worked in order to take care of the kids I made as well as to take care of myself. Nice try. You are probably one of those women that sit on their fat ass expecting baby daddy(s) to pay your bills and whatever child support doesn't cover you try to play the system to take care of .
    Anonymous

• – collapse
    Here is an idea, why not get a job to pay your rent. Granted the baby daddy has responsability to pay child support but not to support you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 (hidden) + expand