Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gyn???( posted on pregnancy 2)

I am 18 yrs old and my boyfriend is 19. We think I might be pregnant,I took hpt but they came out negtaive we still think i might be pregnant. I had a doctors appoimnet for this friday but they didnt do blood test. So now im back to square one. Now I do have a gyn, but my questions are will my visit go on my moms insurance? Will she tell my mom? and how much would it cost us?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (3)
  • I would go to your doctor. No your doctor can not tell your mother that you were there, you are 18 years old and that is a HIPPA violation. If you are concerned about it going onto your mothers insurance, you can tell the people at the desk that you want to open your own account and pay yourself - that you do not want this billed to your mothers insurance. Since you do not have insurance of your own, they should be able to help you fill out the paperwork to get on medicare/medicaid or whatever the name is of the government assistance in your area for insurance.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

  • Go to a free health clinic. They will do a test there. It costs like 5 bucks.

    Answer by lnmauldin7 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

  • i agree with pp. check out the local planned parenthood. they may be able to help you at a low cost...and if they can't, then they may be able to give you the info that you are looking for. good luck and best wishes!

    Answer by sarahkaystone at 6:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.