gyn???( posted on pregnancy 2)

I am 18 yrs old and my boyfriend is 19. We think I might be pregnant,I took hpt but they came out negtaive we still think i might be pregnant. I had a doctors appoimnet for this friday but they didnt do blood test. So now im back to square one. Now I do have a gyn, but my questions are will my visit go on my moms insurance? Will she tell my mom? and how much would it cost us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I would go to your doctor. No your doctor can not tell your mother that you were there, you are 18 years old and that is a HIPPA violation. If you are concerned about it going onto your mothers insurance, you can tell the people at the desk that you want to open your own account and pay yourself - that you do not want this billed to your mothers insurance. Since you do not have insurance of your own, they should be able to help you fill out the paperwork to get on medicare/medicaid or whatever the name is of the government assistance in your area for insurance.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Go to a free health clinic. They will do a test there. It costs like 5 bucks.
    lnmauldin7

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i agree with pp. check out the local planned parenthood. they may be able to help you at a low cost...and if they can't, then they may be able to give you the info that you are looking for. good luck and best wishes!
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 6:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2008