Worried :(

My daughter has been acting weird and sick for the past week and a half now I took her in on friday and they did a urine sample which came back negative. thankful for that but she still hasn't gotten any better. I took her back in today and they still couldn't find anything wrong with her. But she had a temp of 100.3 last night i gave her motrin and she was fine when she got up. But she throws the biggest fits and has the biggest melt downs known to man. She throws herslef every where screams bloody murder fights everything in the world and has a HIGH pitched scream that she does for no reason. She's 15 months and doesn't speak she will be seeing a speech delay therapist on the 9th but im just wondering if her behavior could be linked to her speech. I really don't know that much about autism or aspbergers or for that fact any behavioral issue. If thier is any other moms that have kids that have speech problems and behavioral problems and would like to share some of thier experiences with me i would be beyond grateful. Thank you.

SophiasMommy875

Asked by SophiasMommy875 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Kids' Health

• it could be frustrating to not be able to communicate. do you think something is wrong, or do you think she is a hot tempered child? i have one son that i say he started his terrible 2's at 1 1/2 and only has things under control now that he is almost 6!
    a temperature of 100.3 is not anything that i would medicate for. how are you reacting when she throws her fits? does there seem to be a reason? she does not speak at all? it sounds like you are working with dr's already. is she your first baby? good luck to you and your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i just checked, and at 15 months a baby would usually have mama, dada and only a few other words. does your baby babble?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes she is my first child. And she's usally a very happy child she will be fine and content then with in a split second she is having melt downs or gets angry and bites herself the dog and sometimes me. She will also hit herself in the face. When she goes into full melt down mode i try and comfort her and try and make sure she's not hungry or wet or thirsty.She speaks but nothing that makes any sense none what so ever and most of it is just babble. She use to say mom and clap and wave and now she doesn't do anything like that. Its like im re teaching her how to clap and wave. I just started to get her to sign i love you and she can do that but still needs help. we are currently working with her peds doc and they reffred me to a speech therapist but its not until the 9th. Im just worried that she could have some ort of behavioral issue b/c she is really behind other chidlren her age.
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yea thats why her doc told me that she should at least know 5 words and she knows none of them. Yes she babbles all the time
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• some people notice regressions after vaccinations. maybe you could try a no dairy no gluten no red food color diet while you are waiting for dr's. it can't hurt, and it is possible that it could help. also, you could get rid of chemical household cleaners, and just use vinegar and baking soda to clean with. maybe wash her bed clothes in something as natural as possible. have her ears been checked? this sounds frustrating for you, and scary too. i wish you tons of luck! i hope someone here can relate exactly, and give you better ideas!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• kids stop saying their words after the novelty has worn off. they also do this with clapping and waving. Thats why u have to get pics when they do these things right away! Dont worry too much! Im sure she is fine. Does she go to daycare or does she stay at home with you? My kids were at home with me, and they all 3 talked later then the other kids that go to daycare. We as moms realize what they need, and then we get it for them instead of letting them ask for it. The speech therapist will probably tell you that you are talking for her.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Thank you that means alot. She's been on dairy for awhile and she never use to be like this She gets all her shots and does well. She just started to get like this about 2 1/2 months ago. And i wash her clothes seperate from mine and i still use free and clear cleaners with her cus she has senastive skin. she has ezcema. I hope that someone can give me answers. And thank your for you time and opinions it really does mean alot to me!!
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• She goes to daycare. But she didn't start going until she was about 9months she's in there from mon-thurs. And when she's home with me i talk to her we try and play games i bought word flash cards. she does none of these things that a child at her age should be doing. She also didn't start to walk until she was about 14 months and she's very unstable.
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't suggest doing any type of gluten free diet until you talk to the Dr. talking it out of the diet if its not necessary could lead to intolerance for gluten.. I am so sorry you are going through this, this must be very hard for you to deal with and understand.. I know my son was throwing himself all over the place at this age also and didn't have his verbal explosion until 19 months however, the regression part of she used to talk and now she doesn't would worry a little also - Good luck Mommy.!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Thank you!!! That means alot to us. And i do know that some kids are behind a bit but like she is just doesn't seem normal to me. And everyone keeps telling me oh shes fine you worry to much, But i can tell she's different and since i've had her i have been 99% right about everything little thing about her. She also has congative displacement of the anus and Neurofibromatosis. So i wouldn't doubt that something else is wrong as well.
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2011