Weight gain while pregnant...or loss?

I am currently overweight. WELL overweight. By about 50 lbs. If I start eating right and exercising, and I lose weight in the process, will this have a positive or negative effect on my growing baby? I am unsure, because I would be making myself healthier, but would I be hurting my unborn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Long as you eating healthy and your doc approve your exercise you should be fine. Talk to your doctor. Congrats btw!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes & No. It won't hurt the baby because the baby will get all the nurtients it needs however; that leaves you weakend. I say watch your diet, LIGHT exercise & increase both a few weeks after the baby is born.

GL!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I don't think you will hurt your baby by eating healthy. In fact, when you eat healthy, your baby benefits as well as your own body. It's a win win! As long as you don't diet or restrict yourself from eating. Just eating healthy is awesome.
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 5:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It is positive if you are eating right and doing pregnancy approved exercise.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 5:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You are not supposed to try to lose weight while pregnant. Its not about you for the next 9 months, it is about your baby. Eating healthy and exercise are great, as long as you arent trying to lose.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• As long as your Dr is on board you will be fine. It will help during labor to be in shape!
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 5:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Make sure that you are eating healty member your feeding for to. I started out at 177 and im now at 175 and im due wed my doc's have not said anything about me loosing
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I worked out and ate well and only gained 20lbs with our son, I was 130lbs to begin with & 5'5" .. and he was 8lbs at 38 weeks!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011