gyn???

I am 18 yrs old and my boyfriend is 19. We think I might be pregnant,I took hpt but they came out negtaive we still think i might be pregnant. I had a doctors appoimnet for this friday but they didnt do blood test. So now im back to square one. Now I do have a gyn, but my questions are will my visit go on my moms insurance? Will she tell my mom? and how much would it cost us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would go to your doctor. No your doctor can not tell your mother that you were there, you are 18 years old and that is a HIPPA violation. If you are concerned about it going onto your mothers insurance, you can tell the people at the desk that you want to open your own account and pay yourself - that you do not want this billed to your mothers insurance. Since you do not have insurance of your own, they should be able to help you fill out the paperwork to get on medicare/medicaid or whatever the name is of the government assistance in your area for insurance.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• They cannot tell your mother, but if you get a blood test it may come on a statement from your moms ins co...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i dont know where you are from but im from pgh so i went to a mainly women and children hospital and they had an outpatient clinic. they take insurance but since it was confidential they charged me based on mt income and it didnt cost me anything and they tested me right there. check like planned parenthood, i know visits there are less expensive than your reg doc. good luck
    Anonymous

• well ur visit will show up on your moms bill/statement.. and as for the cost it all depends on your moms deductible. HOWEVER, the insurance company can not tell your mom why u were there.
    zoyesmom

Answer by zoyesmom at 10:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2008