Scratching my head over this one....

I am nearly two days late. The issue is I am on BC and I take it RELIGIOUSLY, 10pm on the dot every night. I switched from Yaz to the generic version two months ago (I just completed my second active pack). Has anyone been late because of switching to generic or does anyone know if this can cause you to be late? I don't want to waste $10 on a PT if it's just my body adjusting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not from switching, but I am 19 wks tomorrow, and I have taken the pill RELIGIOUSLY (same time everyday) since I was 13!! It has been 11 years of me doing that. My SO and I use condoms, and well, nothing worked. Condom broke, but I wasn't too worried since I had been on the pill for so long. To top that off, I had an ovarian cyst removed when I was 13 (reason for BC so early) and I was told that I had AT MOST a 30% chance of ever conceiving!! I guess god really does work in mysterious ways!! LOL! Good luck!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I would find a Dollar Tree store(or another cheap store ) and get a preg test. I took the $ store kind(took 5 to be sure, sure lol) and all were acurrate. Ask a pharmacist, all the tests are the same. I got preg with my first child on the pill, and I don't believe generic makes a difference. Good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• iv never heard of it happening just cuz its a generec version doesnt mean nothing cuz the hormones in the pill are the same. id buy a pregnancy test just in case and they have cheaper ones you can buy a generic brand of test they work the same.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm ok. (this is the OP by the way lol) It doesn't really matter if I am because we were going to TTC next month. *shrugs* I guess I will be heading to the Dollar Tree...

Anonymous

• I switched from the ortho evra patch to a 9.00 generic pill. It didn't change anything though.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i went from ortho tricyclen lo to the generic and nothing happened. i also delivered my birth control baby in june! 99% must really mean 99%!
    Anonymous

• Some babies are just determined to be born no matter what!! :) Best of luck.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Dollar tree and Dollar General sell a test for 1$, and all PT are the same. Good luck either way.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I was on the BC pill from 12 to 16,went to the patch,used condoms,spermicide,you name it-pretty much everything but the shot or an IUD,and STILL got pregnant. Some swimmers are just more determined than others...
    Jaydedeyz

Answer by Jaydedeyz at 8:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2008