Question about my 9 month old

I've stayed at home with my son and not a lot of people are willing to take him places until recently. Needless to say he's gotten attached to me since no one else could handle him. Now I have to go back to work and he cries anytime someone else tries to take him. How do I get him past this seperation issue? How am I going to take him to a babysitter if all he does is cry? Any suggestions?

BabyBreyen

Asked by BabyBreyen at 4:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same issue with my son. So what I did was before I got ready to go back to work I dropped him off at a daycare everyday for a couple of hours. When I couldn't afford to take him to daycare I took him to my mothers. Even though it wasn't time for me to go back to work I dropped him off to give him time to get used to being with someone else besides me. Of course at first he cried but when I left he cried for another ten minutes and he was fine. He's gonna cry cause you're all he's used to seeing. So giving him time with other people will help him break the cycle. You'll always be his number one but giving him time with other people will get him used to being around others and give you some much needed time for yourself.
    kesha263

Answer by kesha263 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• He will get used to it I promise. I work in daycare and have seen this many times. You loveingly hug and kiss your baby good bye and walk out the door. I know as a parent myself that it is the hardest thing to do. Most of the time the baby stops crying in a few minutes it will get easier as time goes by. It's different for each child how long it takes. If you show him/her that it's hard for you to leave and hang around they will learn that by them crying it will make you stay and the cycle never ends. Hope this helps.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 4:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My daughter is going through the same phase. What I do is give her a hug and kiss and tell her bye. You don't want to sneak out. when he gets to know the babysitter he will want to stay.

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 4:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2008