Cheap but not junky party favors?

We are doing a party at the park. Just cupcakes. So that won't cost too much. But I want to do some sort of party favor but I hate the normal crap that people usually give. He'll be 3.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We did cheap little stuffed animals, the cute ones form the dollar store, and tied a latex balloon last time we did a party for one of mine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I do candy bags and get the little noisemaker gazoos or something they can have fun with during the party. The mini play-dohs are good too.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 5:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I get all ours at party city. They have some you can get 10 for a dollar and they arent all junky. I usually do those and mix the bags with some candy and a pencil. Since he is 3 instead of a pencil you can put in a fat crayon.

Answer by gemgem at 5:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I was going to say Party City or the Dollar Tree.
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Bubbles and kazoos always go over big, and the little sunglasses.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• since its at a park, how about buckets with shovels and stuff in them? I bet you could find a good price up online.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 5:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• you could get fabric markers and have the kids decorate their own tshirts. i really think bubbles and sunglasses would be really great!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes party city and the dollar store. fat crayons, little stuffed animals, candy, bubbles, and some stickers.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You might find something cute at Oriental Trading Company. I found monkey and puppy baseball caps there. I think they were 12 for $19.99.

I also like the bucket and shovels idea.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Dollar General (the dollar store in our area) has a lot of bubbles and large bubble wands for cheap. I bought one for my son last year and we played with it every day. The store also had a lot of sandbox toys, etc. for $1/each. I would recommend a trip to a dollar store to see if you could find some fun outdoor play things for kids to use at the park.
    also, little kids love sending matchbox cars down slides.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011