Why would mil question me?? So not nice or what?

I reworded and reposted this question. My mil called my husband to ask to take her shopping on Sunday which leads to dinner cooked by him. My hysband decided to pass on her request. He told her he had a lot of work to do.She then called again and wanted her drop put in so I went to see her. I was gone the whole week caregiving for my parents one with dementia and one who had a stroke. So she knew in advance that I help out my husband with office paperwork and had the guall to ask if that work that was keeping him so busy and not making him take her out! What the heck? As if I were to blame because I had to help my parents instead. SO I quickly told her it was yearly work that needs to be submitted . Why is she asking crap like that? That is the last thing on my mind with my parents so sick worrying about taking her out. The last time I even cooked and cleaned up behind her and her daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• MILs will be the eternal question until the end of time, and they say a lot of things.
    I'd just let it go. One day you may miss her mouth. :)
    I've got a BIL that drove me completely crazy with they way he would tease me and all. then he went into the service and I missed the wisecracks so much. It drove me crazy, someone would make a comment that you could twist into some wise crack, I'd wait for the wisecrack that didn't come.
    never thought I'd miss his mouth!

Just do what you can, in laws get a lot of weird ideas. it's all part of the package.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• that wasn't nice. she sounds very bossy. imo
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You sound stressed out and thats understandable. I dont thinkk she meant anything by it. I think she was just asking. Calm down.
    Anonymous

• Oh my DH mom lives in Alabama (we're in Ok) now so I don't have to worry about that anymore but I know what it like. shes even threatened to kick my a** if I left him. :) I laughed at her and told her to get out of my face that I didn't plan leaving him.
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 6:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• She is really on my last nerve! The nicer I am the more she expects us to bned over backwards all the time. Al I ask for is breathing space esp. after dealing with a dad with dementia, she is really full of bs on this one...........
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I am really surprised at how bossy she wants to seem with her son. He put her in her place. Not me. I never even asked or complained to him about it. He saw for himself. What shocks me the most is the lack of empathy and not calling at all. Very much a diss on her part but now she realizes she can not be bossy . It is the wrong place at the arong time and she needs to just stay out of our breathing space. I do not have the patience to walk around for three hours shopping compulsively and feel so miserable that I am overworked and tired. Exactly anon she knows I am tired so why ask to go out. She knows better.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011