My period is 7 days late, but I am still getting a negitive pregnancy test........

Has anyone gone through this? I don't know what to think. I had a misscarrage in October 2010, could that have anything to do with this? I'm just really confused. My periods have been on time sinse the miscarriage........Please let me know! Thanks!

Can stress cause it to be late? I have some stress but not much more than usual.

jen_and_pat

Asked by jen_and_pat at 5:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's possible that you are pregnant. But if you are concerned and especially since you had a miscarriage recently you should go to the doctor to find out what is going on.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• a couple months ago my period was 3 weeks late! i was definitely thinking i was pregnant and i kept taking tests and they were all negative!! well i finally started my period and it was really weird bc my periods are always about 30 days apart and aare never late like that. i had gained about 10 or 15 pounds recently before that and i was a little stressed so im thinking that may be why... but i wasnt pregnant! if you dont start in a week or two and are still taking a neg test id go to the doctors
    mbright3747

Answer by mbright3747 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have been 12 days late. I think you can be a max of about 20 days.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 5:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• There are lots of things other than pregnacy that can alter you periods, if I were you I'd wait another week and if you still don't get it you should probably talk to a doctor
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• stress can make you be late or even if you keep thinking your preg you will get the symptoms wait another week if your still late take another test
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Weight loss can cause you to switch cycles along with stress,
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Thanks everyone, but I did start my peroid last night!
    jen_and_pat

Comment by jen_and_pat (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Stress can cause it to be late!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011