7wk old baby boy needs his crib

my son is 2 months old and has been co-sleeping/sleeping with me since he was born. i really want him to start sleeping in his crib for many of reasons. i dont want SIDS to happen, dont want to roll on him, i don't sleep well cause i stay still so that i don't roll and i need my space.
when i try to put him in his crib he either wakes up or sleeps maybe 5 mins. i bought a sound machine with a projector scene thing but doesnt seem to make a difference.

i am a new mommy so im new to all of this...any suggestions on what to do??

tabcat816

Asked by tabcat816 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try nursing him or rocking him or whatever until hes asleep in your arms, then wait a bit until he's fast asleep - like when you lift his arm up it just flops down. If you need to burp him do that before aswell. Then lay him down slowly, and swaddle if you do that. When he wakes you just have to keep putting him back down.. maybe set yourself a limit so if hes woken up 5 times then just bring him to bed. My daughter slept on her own for about 4 months, then we started cosleeping because it was easier for me at that time, and it became habit.. now she's 1 and i'm back to getting her in the crib lol. Good luck
    Anonymous

• a sound machine and projector are no substitute for the comfort of a mothers arms.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 5:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Just repetition of putting him in his crib. He will get used to it, it just takes time.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Put him in the crib, and stay with him for a few minutes, then leave. If this continues, keep repeating until he gets used to his new surroundings. Your going to be tired, but it will work!
    justme1964868

Answer by justme1964868 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Try a bedside cosleeper, or putting his crib in your room, as a start. Cosleeping, when done safely, actually REDUCES the risk of SIDS. And the reflex that keeps you from rolling out of bed, or rolling onto your partner, will also keep you from rolling onto your baby. Just wanted to share that info. But, I totally get needing space to sleep. Know that the transition can be easy, or it can be something that keeps you up for a few nights.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2011