Does anyone else feel this level of exhaustion? How do I cope?

I'm at my wits end! I am 35 years old and 9 weeks pregnant with my 4th child. We are very excited for this baby, but I have NO energy! I am a SAHM with my 4 year old daughter, and I'm afraid she is suffering because of my lack of energy and enthusiasm. I was diagnosed with pneumonia almost 2 weeks ago, and after taking the antibiotics, the fatigue is somewhat better, but I still feel like just getting breakfast and lunch for my daughter drains everything from me. I know fatigue is normal...but this seems excessive. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Girl, you need to take it easy and maybe get someone to help you out around the house. You could be suffering from just plan old extreme exhaustion. You needs lots of rest. Can you maybe get your daughter in daycare of to a sitter for a while. If you don't get some rest, you could wind up in the hospital.. I would strongly suggest you get some kind of help immediately!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• yes but trust me it gets better once you get into your second trimester i dont know why that works that way consedering your bigger buy then but for what ever reason it gets better must be becuz our hormones adjust alittle. try taking extra vitamin c but ask your dr on dosage first.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I'm also 35, and pregnant with my 3rd and this time the fatique is much worse for me too. I have a 4yo & 2 1/2 yo- the only thing that gets me through the day is to nap when they nap & go to bed when they go to bed. I am 13 1/2 weeks and it is slowly getting better. You just recovering from a cold is working against you rioght now too, just hang in there- it will pass & soon you will get some energy back : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I am 24 and preg with my first.... A few friends would tell me how NOTHING compared to pregnancy exhaustion, I just never knew since I hadn't been preg before! I SWEAR to you, at ten years your junior, I don't know how people do it. I was bringing my lunch everyday to work so I could sleep under my desk or in my car for my one hour lunch break. I come home from work and fall asleep by 6:30 every night!! I am now in the 2nd trimester, and feel more energy, but after every evening meal (usually around seven or eight I am passed out! I can't IMAGINE the exhaustion you feel! I only have dogs to take care of right now!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Im only 19 im 27weeks along and I weight less then 130 but I still pant and wheeze while climbing the stairs to our apartment! Its like I need a nap everytime I get home.
    leapyear

Answer by leapyear at 11:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2008