Military mistresses adult content

OK, I'm in one of my moods, so I'll just ask. Mistresses are out there and all too many know how common they can be in the military.
I've heard more than one wife say 'it comes with the uniform'

I mean any kind of Mistress. Since you don't have to do much besides be a friend to a man to be considered a mistress now a days, we are now many.
Myself, I'm good friends with more than one man in the Military, I'm the woman that they come to with the things they don't want to talk to their wives about. In their defense, it's fears and happenings they don't want to scare their wives with.
so to them I guess I am a 'emotional mistress'.
I dated a married man briefly a long time ago that was in the Military, so memories of it all bring me to my question.

Obviously the wives and 'official' SOs of these men have a great support group and places to go with questions.
So where do we go? The unofficial women who are worried about these men, and are also 'sleeping with the telephone'

go ahead and bash if it will make you feel better, but for those that can relate, how do you cope? do you have a trusted friend that you share your fears with?
what do you do?

BTW- I may post it non anon later, but for now I'll keep it simple with anon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• i have a friend like that Marine and we grew up together he comes to me with a lot of fucked up thing shit he cant tell his wife
    the person i talk to about the crazy stuff he tells me is my man he even help me with advise for my friend

its a lot to take in from time to time give yourself a break here and there
    good luck
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• ah yes, my husband used to call them "barracks whores" back when he was a single soldier. but this is different than what you describe, these were just girls who would bounce from room to room sleeping with single men.

idk, my husband was in the military and i was his source of support. i would have been crushed if he didnt trust me enough to talk to me about his problems and went to another woman for that kind of support.

i think it would be easier, emotionally, on you "mistresses" to not worry about men that are already taken. this is why you sleep alone every night and wait for that phone call, because he's with the woman he vowed himself to.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You can post on Craigslist. I hear hookers post on there to. You'll fit right in.
    Anonymous

• As the wife of a military man, I can say *I* am the one he comes to for support and to vent his worries and fears. You should back the eff off these guys. If they wanted you, they'd be with you. All you are doing is living in a dream world. Its girls like you that piss women like me off. You THINK you something and you aren't. You are just a pawn. Have some more self respect.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 6:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Watch out. Karma is one Bad Bitch!
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 6:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• How about you ask military wives who's hubs your are speaking to and see if they think it is black and white.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 6:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If you wanted to be a military wife you should've married a military man. Stop pretending to be something your not and stop acting like you're doing these guys a favor. If they come to you, tell them they need to go to their wives or they'll have bigger concerns when their wives find out about you.

If you truly cared about these guys, you would know that what you're doing could ruin their marriage.
    Anonymous

• I just asked a friend of my dh's to read your post and he says girls like you are a dime a dozen.
    Anonymous

• Well I suppose you could just search the term whore and find a group that you would fit into.
    NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 9:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Join any support group and just claim to be the girlfriend. No one will care unless perhaps the wife or real gf of that person is present in the group. I am personally disgusted by anyone who willingly involves them with a married or attached person. If you KNOW it and you still do it you are a seriously devoid human being with no morals or values and that's sad. If you don't know it because you are lid to...you are just naive and blind.
    Anonymous