I need ideas?!?!?!

okay moms HELP!! i am at an in-between stand still!!

my son is almost 11 months old, he will no longer eat baby food (except for his oatmeal in the a.m) so my dr told me to start giving him what we are eating (however he has a milk protein intolerance and we have yet to try and give him anything with milk in it, just soy). I have been making things for him and he constantly just spits them out, any meats he will spit right out no matter how i try (ketchup, soup anything). He will eat fruit no problem, and cookies and pretzels so its not that he's not ready. He wont eat any bread, the only thing he LOVES is campbells chicken stars soup, and his yogurt. BUT i know they say the formula is enough for the 1st year, but hes almost a year and i feel like he HAS to need more nutrition then just 8 pieces of banana and couple bites of yogurt here and there

PLEASE help if you have ANY ideas! OR BUMP!

dmdemes

Asked by dmdemes at 6:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give it time. He'll eat more when he's ready. My youngest was a picky eater and ate the same foods over and over. I couldn't get him to even try different things. He is 2 1/2 yrs. and just starting to sample a little more but his diet is still a lot of the same things. Just keep offering different things and eventually he'll be more willing to try them.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have no idea, so here is a bump.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• One good thing about babies is that they won't starve themsleves. If he's hungry, he'll eat what you offer. If you allow him to be picky he'll become a picky eater.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I might ask the doctor if he thinks a multivitamin would be a good idea if you are concerned about the variety of foods he is eating. As others said, I would just continue to offer a variety of foods, but what he is eating doesn't sound terrible, honestly. I think he is probably getting a good amount of protein from the soy milk and yogurt, cereal will be a good carb, fruit is going down...maybe you could try some V8 Fusion or vegetable juice for some added veggie servings? I know that my kids were so independent that they would eat practically anything if I didn't "help"...maybe try more finger foods like small canned veggies (carrots, peas, corn)? Try not to worry too much...it hasn't been going on long, so part of it might just be the transition. Think of it long term....your child wont graduate eating only chicken and stars...just keep trying what you're trying.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• he is on a multivitamin..thats what helps me sleep at night lol! i know he's at least getting the vitamins from that.
    dmdemes

Comment by dmdemes (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Bump for you! I am going through the same thing with my son!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Just keep offering a variety of healthy foods. Steam some, offer some raw. Keep giving him what you're eating. He'll come around.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011