RSV Outbreak?

My best friend is expecting her baby in two weeks, and she was telling me that there is an RSV outbreak? Is this true? And if so what can I do to prevent my 9 month old from getting it? Her being sick just tears me apart!

IzysMomma

Asked by IzysMomma at 6:46 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• just like fighting any virus...eat well, sleep well, stay hydrated, use a humidifier, keep emotional stress to a minimum, keep love at a maximum!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My son just got over RSV and he is 10 months. He is not in a daycare, I always keep the house sanitary , daily baths, and I even wipe the shopping carts before putting him in, but he still got it. When we took him to the Dr, she had told be there was a huge outbreak as well, and that he was the 3rd baby just that morning that came in with it. It was the most heartbreaking thing to see him like that, and a week later he still has the cough and is just now getting over it! We were lucky that we were able to keep him hydrated and he didn't need to be admitted! I wish I had a better answer for you as to what you can do! GL!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2011