Would you buy your soon to be 11 year old an ipod touch for his birthday and its they only thing he wants?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Shopping

• 11 is kinda young... maybe.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• No, to young.

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• well i would if its the only thing he is askin for and if you feel he is responsibl enough.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Depends. Does he get good grades? Is he respectful and does he follow house rules? Can you afford it? There are a lot of really good and educational app's on the IPod Touch. We gave our son one a few years back. It also encouraged him to read, without him knowing he was doing it because a lot of the app's he had were things like MLB.com, Sports Illustrated, Weather, etc. Not only that, but if it's something he really treasures, it's a great thing to take away as a form of discipline. All I had to do was threaten to take it away if he did/didn't do something and no more problem. I vote Yes! And a happy birthday to your lil' guy.

5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 7:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would ... IF he was mature enough to understand that's a budget breaker and to seriously not expect anything else
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I was going to say that's too young but then I remembered that you can put ereader apps on there. I think it can actually be a really good thing now. And this is coming from someone who is extremely conservative when it comes to things like that.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 7:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If he's responsible I would.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I got my 12 yr old son one for his birthday last week. Actually it was a mp3 player and it didn't cost but $30-$40 dollars. I downloaded the music, I have a general idea of what music he likes. That way you can be in control of the music that can be listened to. My son was perfectly happy with what he got. It didn't take him long to learn how to use it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I bought my 12 year old one for christmas so yes.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 3:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2011