My 20 month old is slightly bleeding from her vigina or right at the entrance. Can babies get yeast infections?

skitlz

Asked by skitlz at 7:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes babies can get yeast infections. my daughter had them when she was an infant. my doc gave her a script for it cant remember what the medicine was called but it was basically for athletes foot. call your dr. first thing in the morning cuz im sure if that is what it is the poor lil thing is uncomfortable
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• yes they can, my daughter had one...she didn't bleed at all, but had what looked like a really really bad and bumpy rash. we were told to use the yeast infection medicine that you'd buy for yourself at the store, carefully around on her, and it cleared right up! Good luck!
    knjones

Answer by knjones at 7:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i hate to bring it up but would you have any reason that it could be the result of abuse?

Hopefully the answer is no, absolutely not.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My dd bleed a little once and the doc said she needed water, there were no symptoms for anything else. I gave her lots of water and she was fine.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 7:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• could be a yeast infection. could be that she had her hands down her diaper, too and scratched.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 7:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Please take her to a doctor, to rule out abuse

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yes, they can and it's not very uncommon. One of the biggest causes, believe it or not, is bubble baths. You should never give young girls bubble baths. It has irritants that can cause yeast infections, but I would have the doctor check her out and he can probably prescribe something to soothe that area and clear it up.
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 9:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• please have her checked out for abuse! Never heard of that .
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 1:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2011