Why does my daughters poop smell very fruity?

My 18 month old dd has been getting very sick lately. She has just started to get over her C-Diff with the proper antibiotics so her poop was returning from a very foul smell and watery to normal smell and consistency. Now she is very sick again with a fever and nasty cough (I called the doctors office and no call back- I will be bringing her in the am.) But was just wondering if anyone knew what caused fruity smelling poops.. I didn't even know she went to the bathroom. She just smelt sweet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've wondered the same thing about my own poop...
    Anonymous

• Try google? Or webMd maybe? I have no idea, but here's a bump, hope she gets to feeling better :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• not sure about frutiy smelling poo, but fruity smelling pee can mean that there is an abundance of glucose in the body so it spills into her urine. make sure to mention this and watch for her pee to smell like that too
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011