Are there any preemie moms on here?

Hello i was just wondering if there were any preemie moms on here?
I had my DD on november 1, 2010, she was born on the day i turned 29wks (11wks early) i had severe preeclampsia and my placenta abrupted and they had to do a emergency c-section. she lost a lot of blood and oxygen before that go her out, so the dr had to do cpr and stuff on her when they did get her out. that worked on her for ll mins and was about to give up when she came too. she has a g-tube and she had a nissen fundoplication done. she doesnt have her suck and swallow reflexes and she just got her gag reflexes. she turened 17wks(6wks)old today. she was in the hospital for llwks she came home on her due date. she is doing really well now. she is about 8lbs if not more.
we have had dr appts every week since she has came home. its back and forth to pediatrician (for check ups), eye dr(she has ROP), cardiologist (she has a PDA), her surgeon(for g-tube), and speech therapy(also physical therapy too)

i was wondreing if htere were any other preemie moms on here and wonderign what all have yall gone through

alw06tchs

Asked by alw06tchs at 7:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Although it's been 17 years, and we adopted our son, he was 12 weeks early, weighing only 1 lb 9 ozs. He was also a twin. His twin, sadly, did not survive.

He also had/has ROP and was on a heart monitor for the first 9 mths. as his heart stopped a number of times when he would stop breathing, usually in the middle of the night.

He also has a very mild form of Cerebral Palsy. At 18 mths, he was still not walking & was the size of a 9 mth old, weighing only 18lbs. We were told he would never walk & would probably be legally blind. I'm happy to say that not only DOES he walk, he was on the track team last year in H.S
    He's still smaller than his peers, but gaining ground. At 17 yrs he only weighs 113 lbs.,but he's already taller than me. I'm told his birth father was very tall.
    He does have some learning disabilities, Anxiety, tourette's, OCD and ADHD, but I think most of that is as a result of the drugs his b-mom did.
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 9:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• well i am glad that he turned out good and the track team is awesome!!! so happy for yall. it all works out in the end
    alw06tchs

Comment by alw06tchs (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011