Would you leave your SO for...

The mere fact he's a couch potatoe with no job or would you work with him, try and motivate him to get up and get out there??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Has he been laid off or fired recently and going thru some dort of depression? If so I would try to help him get thru it. But if he is just this type of person who thinks he can be lazy and be taken care of and he is capable of doing for himself, than I would be doing some planning.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would try to motivate but there is only so long I'd try that.  When I felt like I had nothing left, no advice, no suggestions, nothing worked.  I would get a divorce.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• The not geting a job. Or not waning to work. would make me want to get rid of him. Unless he was the a SAHD(dad).

Answer by louise2 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Honestly, I wouldn't even get into a relationship with somebody who can't seem to get his stuff together, or who's mooching off me, let alone stay with him. It's one thing for somebody to get laid off, and having a hard time finding a new job. But somebody who doesn't even seem to try? Forget that...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would try to motivate him without being a nag which is not easy (for me anyway). I would search the ads and websites for jobs to apply for. And after a certain length of time I would have to call it quits. It would be a deal breaker eventually. Maybe 8 10 months and then I'd be out of there. Has he tried indeed.com?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would try at first, but if it didn't get better I'd leave. My mom married a guy that used to be employed. He was laid off over 10 years ago and has decided that she can support him. He does nothing, and I mean nothing but give her heartache. She has begged him from day one to get a job, so he'll get applications, say he turned them in, and guess what she has found time and time again shoved in the backs of cabinets, buried in the trash, etc? And he is able bodied, so nothing is keeping him from finding a job. I would give almost anything to see her get a divorce. Needless to say, none of us like him.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 7:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I'm not sure what I would do...it's probably easier for me to go out and get a job, than it is him. He's worked hard all his life, so I would probably go to work and let him do the SAHD thing...guaranteed he would have some type of job within a month LOL...he's said before he doesn't know how us mom's do it.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• scissorif he is actively looking for work, i would work with/ have patience. if he is complacent and does not put 40 hours a week beating the pavement, putting out applications we would have a problem.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• No. I wouldn't leave my Husband unless He cheated or hurt Our Son. But He would never do either, and He could never be a lazy bum.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 7:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would work with him and if that got me no where I'd have to go eventually.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2011