Crazy sis n law

My sister in law is too much. She is giving and kind yet she uses whatever it is she did for you later. Example: I care for her disabled son and get paid through a company. When I use up the hours for the quarter she will pay me cash. This morning my bro woke me up to come watch her son so they could go bowling. I brushed my teeth and went over there( they live across the street). I had asked her if I could have a bowl of cereal . She reassured me it was fine 'there was plenty. They came home and she did not pay. I went home because they were arguing. I text-ed her. She got so mad and said I do everything for everyone, I loan you twenty; and u only paid back ten (she insisted) I buy u cigs (again she insisted) etc. She is bossy and really verbally abusive. I put up with her cause I need the money I care for her son and she family. What would u do?

dmr73059

Asked by dmr73059 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Obviously she is running a tab w/out your knowledge or permission. From now on, keep it professional while you are "working" for her. When you are off the clock & just a family member, then whatever she offers you should be considered a "gift" or kind gesture toward a family member. Then she can't hold that over your head. If she tries, just tell her that you thought she did it out of the kindness of her heart & then dont ever accept anything from her again.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Only baby sit when the company pays you to babysit. Tell her not extra babysitting unless she pays you in advance. When you go there to babysit she hands you the money before she leaves out the door.

Answer by louise2 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Find another job.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Don't let her run all over you that is not right, you need the job but not the disrespect. It's best for you to tell her how you feel when she does something that is disrespectful.
    She should know that you will not allow it!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011