Zoloft

I am getting mixed answers on this from websites with doctor's comments on... Has anybody every been on zoloft while pregnant, if so how many mgs? Was your baby born with any complications...please share your experience if you have one with pregnancy and zoloft or any other anti-depressant... please state what you were on and how many mgs, and the health of the baby that was born that was subjected to the anti-depressant, Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 40 mgs and the baby is very healthy. no different from her siblings. i was on a different antidepressant prior to pregnancy but the dr switched me because she said zoloft had been studied during pregnancy much more thoroughly than the one i was on - which was welbutrin. from what i read and was told by my therapist and ob it's much better for the baby to take the med than not if you need it.
    Anonymous

• It's a class "c" which means that you should only take for a life threatening condition if you are pregnant. The decision will be made by the prescribing physician.

I think class "c" means it's never been tested but they don't have any reason to believe it's harmful.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Your therapist should have all of this data

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Have you talked to your Dr about this?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2011