Adult-only weddings?

Just curious! What do you think of weddings (ceremony + reception) that are "adults only"? If you were invited to such a wedding, would you:

a.) Respect the bride and groom's wishes by finding a sitter for your kids while you attend the wedding,

b.) Disrespect the bride and groom's wishes and bring your children anyway,

or,

c.) Boycott the wedding and stick with your kids?

Mousuke

Asked by Mousuke at 7:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Unless you're coming from out of town (like over night) respect their wishes or don't attend.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Finding a sitter or not going are the only options in my opinion. I would never go against a rule they set for everyone that will impact their day.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 7:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would respect their wishes and enjoy the rare child free night
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Respect their wishes, my sister in law had her reception at my house, and lots of kids came, there were over 300 people in my house and I could not keep track of all the kids, I found a couple of them in my second floor terrace throwing some glass balls they had found in my living room, chaotic!!!!

Answer by older at 7:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I think it is the couples wedding and it is about what they want their wedding to be. People shouldn't be offended or think it is something they need to "boycott' just because their kids weren't invited. If you want to go then get a babysitter and be happy that you and your hubby can go out together without the kids.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i would never bring my kids to a wedding where it was adults only.. never EVER.. its their day.. & if they dont want any kids then id never ruin that! I also wouldnt go over the top out of my way(like traveling long distances) to attend a wedding when they know im super busy with my kids!! just depends on our relationship and how close we are!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 7:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• – collapse
    I would not go. Not every one can do that. And it seems unfair to have an adult only wedding. Its not like it is at a bar or stripclub. It is a wedding a family event.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 7:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I would respect their wishes and enjoy a child free day/evening.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• What a respectful bunch you are! I agree in that you either leave the kids at home or don't go. I wasn't trying to stir up trouble, but I wasn't expecting everyone to be so level-headed, lol.
    Mousuke

Comment by Mousuke (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Its their day respect the bride and groom If they request no children then don't bring them. You need to think how children act at weddings, how much money the bride and the groom could afford. Can they afford to feed "everyone"? Would they provide food for the children to eat such as mac n' cheese
    I also would think about how close you are to the bride and groom. If you're real close then show up with no children if they request that. If not then don't go.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 7:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2011