Pressure so intense this early? adult content

This is my third child, so I feel like I should know this, but I am about 27 weeks pregnant and have been having incredible pressure "down below" for at least a couple months. It is like the baby is settled so low in my pelvis that I already waddle. It is particularly bad when I stand up after sitting on a hard floor or chair...and also first thing when I get out of bed in the morning.

I have heard that it could be the placement of my placenta being different than in other pregnancies...which my doctor hasn't said anything about, but I'm not sure he would if nothing was "wrong" with where it is. Or could it just be that it is my third pregnancy and it is affecting me sooner?

Oh, and if anyone knows how to relieve this other than reaching in there and shoving this little girl into a position that is comfortable for mommy, do tell...lol!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is very common in 2nd and so on pregnancies to have a lot more pressure or feeling like that baby could slip right out. I had that with my 2nd pregnancy and am getting to that point now with my 3rd. I am 27 wks. What I did was got up slowly until I got my balance. Make sure you bring up any concerns that you have with the pressure at your next visit.
    As long as you are not having contractions with the pressure or pressure while sitting you should be ok. The unfortunate thing is that there isn't a whole lot you can do.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have been experiencing the same thing the last couple of weeks. It seems lying down makes it worse when I get back up. Although I find once I get to moving around it gets better, and it's not so bad when I have gotten more rest and been on my feet less. I was wondering if one of those elastic support bands helps.. Have you tried that?
    NewNtown

Answer by NewNtown at 7:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Have you tried laying down and putting your feet up?

Answer by louise2 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I haven't tried elevating my feet much, but I have tried laying down more often when I can through the day and warm baths.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I haven't tried the actual support bands, just the belly bands, but those aren't really designed to bear any of the weight I guess. It is worth a shot...at this point, there isn't much I wouldn't try...lol.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2011