Please don't think I'm disgusting or twisted.

Is it normal to get sexually aroused while breastfeeding? It happens to me and I get freaked out but at the same time it's not sexual. It's like a streaming flow of extreme love and a bond like no other. But then while experiencing that level of love and bonding, I get aroused. I feel like a freak. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your normal....Whew! I'm so glad...now I know that I am also! I never would have thought to ask this question. Thank you for being brave. And Thanks also to all the above mom's for answering your question with compassion. They helped me as well : )
    Anonymous

• its normal...happens to everyone...you cant help it...
    ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 4:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I didn't get that.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Your a freak...JK..LOL... You just are bonding with your child...You love your child..I think it's wonderful
    Anonymous

• i didnt get that feeling i understand the extreme love and connection while breastfeeding i got that but it never aroused me by any means of course maybe its cuz my son was a super sucker and it was always kind of painful but your not a freak.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My books all said that it's common.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• You're not a freak, nor are you disgusting or twisted. That's very common. Are you still new to breastfeeding? If so, that will probably gradually go away and breastfeeding will get to be automatic and routine.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• No, not at all honey, don't worry! I was terrified when it first happened to me, but it's definitely really common.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 4:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Seems normal. I was in way too much pain to be arroused! Be happy you are not having that problem.
    Anonymous

• Happens to everyone??????? It never happened to me.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2008