Eek.. got the most terrible wedding pictures that we waited 5 months(wow) to even get.. :( what should I do?

my wonderful aunt and uncle bought me a wedding package and wedding photographer for my wedding gift......... the photographer was a mutual friend of ours.. who i went to school with.. who i thought took good pictures.. so i wasnt "upset" that someone else picked out my photographer because I knew them.. & thought itd be okay.......

first of all.. how can you turn down a gift like that? it would totally hurt their feelings.. and i know they thought they were helping out in a tremendous way by paying for THE WHOLE PACKAGE.. they paid for their 5 hours of services at the normal rate & then they worked out a package deal where he and his new wife(keep in mind she is from germany, recently moved here, barely speaks english, and has no photography experience) would edit the pictures & my aunt and uncle bought all the cd's worth & even paid cash all up front BEFORE the wedding so BEFORE we say ANY pictures.. 900 pictures came back.......

I am SO beyond upset.. they took FIVE MONTHS to even get us the pictures...and we finally did.. they are terrible.. TERRIBLE lighting... the wife took TERRIBLE pictures.. im not sure why she took pictures when she is NOT a photographer.. they both shared in picture taking.

HORRIBLE lay out of all of us on just about everything... terrible ways we were standing.. some of my bridesmaids and i on our individuals only came with ONE picture and half the time the person wasnt looking.. i am so LOST why these are so BAD. I dont know what to do..

i know i cant really do anything since it was already paid for and a gift.. but I am wondering if I should write them a letter telling them how upset I am? I hate it :( I am sooo sad..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I am so sorry!

I really have no answer other than to say my cousin got no pics at all from her wedding. They were all lost by the photographer! So after being upset for days they made an appointment for formal pictures so they would have those, at least.. She and her husband got dressed up again .......she in the gown and he rented a tux. They had beautiful formal pics taken by another photographer. That is just one idea for you to think about. Again, I am so sorry this happened. But remember you still have each other and a happy life together. I know that is not easy to think about right now. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I don't think it would do any good telling them how upset you are..there's basically nothing the photographer can do at this point right? Other than refund to the people who bought the package..maybe take the CD's to someone else and see if some pics can be fixed?(lighting and such?)
    bookmommy

Answer by bookmommy at 8:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I'm so sorry! How disappointing!

I agree with elizabr's suggestion. Or you guys could do a special session somewhere else, maybe at the same venue or do something completely different.

Again, so sorry!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 8:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• well......out of 900 pictures i'm pretty sure there has to be at least a few you could blow up for an album. i would let your aunt and uncle see the pictures and if they're truly that terrible i'm sure they'll notice and that will save you the worry of 'breaking' it to them. they could call and demand their money back or partial at least. but for what you can do....basically nothing but sift through and find anything worth saving. also ask your friends and other family that attended the wedding. someone may have gotten some really great shots that they can give you copies of. it's not a total loss....try to cheer up :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Perhaps try retaking the wedding pictures, just you and your husband or as many people as you can get from the wedding party. I know it won't be the same but some really nice shots of the two of you may make it better. Sorry.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• What a bummer!!! I would tell them the truth if they asked, but I don't think I would make it a point to tell them. They would feel horrible and ripped off. and there's nothing they can do to make it better for you. So sorry!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• There is nothing you can do now. Put them away. In a few years when you go back and look at them I bet you feel differently.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• my aunt was very upset because they were so bad.. and out of 900 there are about 20 that are good-- but you have to keep in mind photographers take TONS and pictures and let you pick through them.. there are HUNDREDS of closed eyes, no one looking, and so on.. I know they didnt "edit" or even delete the awful ones. I feel like because they were paid before hand they really slacked on us.

I like the idea of retaking them with just my husband.. there arent very many good shots of us... but I am very pregnant and wont fit in my wedding dress right now so we will have to wait! :) thanks for that Idea!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have seen court shows on TV that the wedding pictures were so bad that they took the photographer to court. Unless you want to go this route, there isn't much you can do.

The only other alternative I can think of is, to renew your vows in a couple of years and get someone else to take the pictures. I know it can't replace your wedding day, but it may make you feel better. See if any of your family or friends took pictures while they were at the wedding. You never know, it's possible.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2011