Neck Pain

Im hoping someone can help.... I woke up the other night with an extremely sharp pain in my neck. A day later, and I am still unable to turn my head to the left without feeling it pull and hurt! Any suggestions? Heating pad? Anything else?

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Health

• I won't go to a chiropractor because I refuse to have anyone touch my neck. I would go with heating pad, ibuprofen and talking to the doc. You may have just pulled something or slept funny.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• In the shower, stand under the water so it's right on the spot, make it as hot as you can stand it without burning yourself, lol..take some Aleve or Motrin..have someone massage the area..or go to a chiropractor. Good luck.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:34 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Chiropractor...no joke...they will make your neck feel better!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Chiropractor for sure.
    Anonymous

• take a hot bath, and get the area massaged. Loosen the muscle. Chirpractors are for bones. You have a muscle issue. If the heat doesn't work, try ice. and Motrin.
    flmomma4

Answer by flmomma4 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Try to move it, looking left then right up then down, a few times a day... but don't rotate it all the way round like in a circle, that's not good for your neck.. don't ask me why.
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Chiropractors are NOT just for bones....lol.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:34 AM on Mar. 1, 2011