If you work or do a home based business, what percent of the household income do you contribute?

I am a teacher and I tutor college-level ESL students, but in our household, I still only contribute about 30-35% of our household income. The difference is that my LP's degree is in engineering so his income starts out higher even at an entry level.

I have been trying to figure out whether there is still a large income gap between genders, but there are so many variables that a clear answer is hard to get!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• My spouse and I both have homebased businesses. I handle the financials for both businesses, so I know that some months I earn more, and other months he earns more. It doesn't matter to us who earns what, as long as we earn enough to meet our savings goals.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I don't know the percentage, but I make more than my husband. I have been with the same company for 13 years, and thanks to the economy he had to start over in a new type of business
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I contribute more than my husband thanks to my business!!!!!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 8:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I make more than he does. I bring in a little over 60% of the household income.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 7:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2011