Co-Sleeping

IF, you co-sleep/slept, at what age did you make the transition into their own bed? What did you do to help with the transition? How long did it take for your child to get used to sleeping on their own?

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• i co-slept with my children until they could roll over both ways easily. then i started putting them in their crib. i think it only took a couple of days to transition. the hard part for me is teaching them to put themselves to sleep instead of putting them in bed sleeping already. that takes about a week to do. to help with the transition you can sleep with their crib sheet in your bed for a couple of nights and then it smells like you and it makes them feel more comfortable. it always worked for me.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I co slept with my child in bassinet right next to me. I then had him in a portable crib next to me. He slept in his crib for his day time naps and I moved him there for night time sleeping when he was 10 months old. I think his sleeping in his cribs for daytime naps helped.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I co-slept with my DS until he was about 1.5 yrs. It took about two weeks to transition him. I started by lying in his toddler bed , then to lying over him in a hug, then to holding his hand, then to just sitting by him, and so on until I was no longer having to be in the room.
    littlemama810

Answer by littlemama810 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I co-slept with my first DD until DD #2 was born. DD #1 was 15 months old. I moved her into a twin bed and she never had any issues with it. DD #2 slept better in her crib than with me so she never really slept with us.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Around 2 with DS, and he transitioned well. Instead of putting him in my bed or his cosleeper when he fell asleep, I just put him in his crib. I didn't even attempt it until he'd been sleeping well, and mostly through the night, though. He does still come to out bed sometimes in the middle of the night if he wakes up.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2011