Anybody feel like donating a kidney?

I was going to anonymously donate part of my liver to anybody who needed it but I have decided to do a kidney instead. Half of the people I have told are opposed and half are in awe of my generosity. Have you ever considered donating an organ to somebody on the waiting list...or have you already done this?

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 8:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• my brother is in need of a kidney
    i would love to give him one of mine, however i am single mom of a child with autism
    i can not find a daycare who will take her during the day!, how in the world would i donate one to him? who would care for my daughter during surgery and recovery, and he is in tx, i am in wi, so even more time away from daughter

it is his new years resolution to get a kidney and not have to be hooked up three times a week,and it makes him ill. he also needs to have back surgery (last year had fall, ingury and near death, in fact neuro doc said when he was in coma, that when they warmed him back up, he would not be 'in there') well, he was, and out of hospital in four months, his back needs to have fused discs, but with no kidney function, can not have back surgery, and pain meds to not do well with no kidneys, so where it is, he is amazing upbeat. now you did it-crying

God Bless Peter, my big brother!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It'd be impossible for me to donate an organ. I can't even donate blood =/. Btw, I am anemic.

I think it's very kind of you to consider such a thing, and a life saver.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• nope. keeping mine til I die,then they're fair game

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• To be honest, I've never heard of someone donating a kidney that just anyone would receive. It's always to a family member. It's never even crossed my mind to donate right now. When I'm dead, I hope that my organs can be used by others though. I've seen what can happen when that gift is given.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I am saving my kidney for my DS, should he eventually need it. He was born with one partially functional malformed kidney and both of his kidneys are too small, so it's very likely that he's going to need a kidney transplant one day.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I am an organ donor but until i'm dead i just couldnt do that for a stranger. If it were family. YESS!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am not currently on the waiting list, but if my kidneys continue to decline then I will be very soon. So . . . I won't be donating an organ (although I am a donor should I die), but I may benefit from your kindness.

Answer by missanc at 8:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• im an OD too but id def do it if i didnt have a kid cuz if she needs it i want to give it to her or my other kids to come
    Ashley2810

Answer by Ashley2810 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• im with butterfly
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have already started the paperwork and evaluation process. I should be able to have the surgery in May. They will match me with a donor on the waiting list and we will have surgery at the same place so hopefully they will agree to meet me and I can see how my gift will change their life. I am excited...I just feel the need to do this.
    ashisamom

Comment by ashisamom (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2011