Hey SAHM! What do you do when you are really sick!

ok so today I havc been deathly sick. this is the first time i havereally bee nable to hold my head up due to sinus pain and allergies! So..how do you guys take care of your little ones while you areso sick! My hubby just cant stay home from work when im sick so i just barracaded my DD in the livig room all day while i layed on the couch. i pretty much havent played with her all day except for feeding and changing her! I cant wait for my hubby to get home!!

kelsbecca619

Asked by kelsbecca619 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In those situations I think you just have to do as much as you can, and once when I was absolutely awful, as in wasn't able to stand up bad, I had to get a neighbour round.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 4:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I just tough it out...I know not a real inventive answer but thats all I can do. My hubby is the soul provider and can't miss any work- so sick or not I'm a fulltime mommy. If you have a family member or friend that can come over and watch baby so you can rest a little that may help. If your really sick go to the doctor for anitbiotics to help the cold pass faster.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I agree - you do what you have to do to get through the day. I'm lucky to have family near by. When they can, someone comes over to help out for a little while. however, when there is no help, I do what I need to do to get through the day. We sit and read together. I lay on the couch while my kids play - and yes, if I'm really feeling like death warmed over, we find a lot of really good videos to watch and just go all sorts of TV-zombie until Daddy gets home.

Feel better!!!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 4:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Since my hubby just can't stay home from work, I usually tough it out until he gets home...then he takes care of me and the children.
    Anonymous

• This is why TV was invented. A few days of TV and semi-junk food will not kill your kids. Do what you have to do to keep them occupied and out of your hair.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I say put on their favorite tv show sit them down in front of the tube with some snacks. Try to take some medicine that won't make you sleepy and lay down on the couch. You need to rest but at the same time your children need you. I know it's demanding but being a SAHM myself I understand. I had to take care of my two year old and my 2 month old after I had my gallbladder removed. Talk about painful. But I hope you feel better.
    kesha263

Answer by kesha263 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Well I usually use that time for my kids to watch movies, color, snuggle with me, read books. I sleep when I can. I get nightquil or what ever to help. My kids usually don't get much tv so on these days it is a big treat. Bet they wish mommy was sick more often. Drink some tea with honey that will help.. Keep hydrated. Good luck and I hope you get well soon.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• You are doing exactly what I do. I put the baby gates up so my daughter can not leave the living room (which is 100% baby proof), put on the PBS channel, and lay on the couch! My daughter will play with her toys, and sometimes come up and lay next to me and watch tv. I hope you are feeling better soon!
    GoGreenMom68

Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Im just reading this, sorry. Any time you need someone to watch Boston I dont mind. The kids love to play together. Its actually less work when she is here because then I dont have to play because they play together.

When Martin was only like a couple months old I got really really bad food poisioning. I thought I was dieing it was so bad. He must have known how bad I was feeling because the second day we laid in bed all day and he played with his toys. Luckily he wasnt at the stage of crawling or walking yet. I havent been sick since then. On the morning he wakes up extra early and wont go back to sleep I go in his room and shut the door and lay on the floor while he plays. He usually just starts climbing on me, but its a little more rest.
    amy068

Answer by amy068 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2008