Does it get harder or easier over the years being a teen mom

Catina510

Asked by Catina510 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think that the older the kid the bigger the problems, but I would tend to say it does get a bit easier.

Answer by older at 8:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I gets harder. It is so easy when they are babies.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 8:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• ya cuz i am 16 with an 18 month old and its pretty hard now
    Catina510

Comment by Catina510 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My MIL was a teen mom.. IDK what it was like for her. but I know now she is loving being a grandmother & still young enough to be very active in her life. :-) MIL was 39/40 when I had DD..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I had my first at 18 I am now 24 and have 3 little girls. I think every age has challenges but you learn alot as you get older. So i would say it does get a little easier.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I find that as long as you have a strong support system and time(learning) it gets much easier. If it wasn't for my mom I wouldn't have succeeded! I was barely 17 when my first child was born. I am now 28. I never went on to college which is almost a necessity these days. I am now a very happy stay at home mom of 4 beautiful children! I wouldn't change a thing!!!!!

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I feel more judged now that my kids are in elementary school than I did when they were younger. So it makes it harder for me to be involved in their school. Other mothers don't like their kids hanging out with me since I am so "young". It gets easier as far as being at home with them. Pretty much all I have to do for them now is remind them to do stuff and cook them dinner every night.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i guess i fall into the teen mom category, even if i'm not a teen anymore. i'm 22 and my oldest just turned 5. i had her 4 months after i turned 17. I now have three kids. I think it gets much easier. it just takes time to adjust to adjust to your child's needs and become comfortable as a mother. as long as you dedicate yourself to your child 100%.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 9:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• There are going to be easy times and there are going to be hard times. It doesn't matter how old you are, that's just life. I can tell you that you are going to have issues because of your age.

I do hope that you finish school and continue your education.

BTW ... I say this as a former teen mom. I had my son (only child I might add) at 16.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I was a teen mom and it gets easier as long as you are able to provide for yourself. You need help to raise your baby and get an education. That is the key to easier. And you need education in a field you can actually get a job in...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011