Would it be "irresponsible"...

to want to have another baby right now? I am in nursing school and my husband works. We have enough money to make it, but my theory is that you never have enough money to have a baby unless you're a millionare! He agreed to me earlier this month that he has "baby fever" but doesn't know about it with me in school. And he didn't have a problem with our almost pregnancy this month soo....your thoughts please! and Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are both ready, then go for it. I have been in school through both of my children. As long as you don't have to compromise your education by having another baby, I don't see the problem.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• When I was in nursing school we had a classmates in her first and second trimesters during a time when we were doing clinical rotations. The smells, lifting, bending all became too much for her. She wound up dropping for the remainder of the semester and was supposed to get back. She never did as far as the last I heard. I graduated from Nursing schoolover15 yrs ago. Its kind of sad. My youngest was in Kindergarten when I went back to school. Even that was really tough. I'd say wait, but it isn't my choice to make.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• How old is baby #1? How far into nursing school are you? Like GrnEyedGrandma said, the smells, lifting, etc. may be a bit much for you if you'll be doing clinicals during your pregnancy.

It sounds like you and I are in a similar situation... My husband and I are both wanting another baby, but I'm still in school, too. I will graduate in May 2010 with an Elementary Education degree. Right now, taking care of our 10 month old son & doing full-time college classes online through my school is difficult, so I don't know if I'm really brave enough to try for #2 just yet!

I think that if it's something that the both of you TRULY want, go for it. If there's a will, there's a way. The pros will far outweigh the cons.

Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 7:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2008