Do you know it is easier to make new friends and build a friendship relationship with them, than it is when you are trying to rebuild a relationship with old friends from the past? What do you think?

I'm learning that sometimes when you reconnect with old friends that you have not seen in a while, they have change and that friendship fire they once had in them for you is no longer there no matter how hard you try to rekindle that relationship. So it is much easier to make new friends because they are not looking at your pass but your now.

ladynell4god

Asked by ladynell4god at 8:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree.
    I tried to talk to a friend and she has changed so much, very negative now. She is divorced and became a player- as she puts it.
    I am married and don't want to go clubbing like she does.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 8:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You would think if people post and join sites that reconnect you with old friends that to expect friends from your pass to reconnect with you and ask how you are doing to catch up from old times. Some people just wants to be isolated seems. Thanks for your response!
    ladynell4god

Comment by ladynell4god (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I agree. I had a painful childhood and it is easier to go forward than back...
    Anonymous

• I hadn't thought about it. I've been grieving over the loss of an old friendship that I tried and tried to preserve but I guess it's gone. But as you say, people do change, and maybe the new people we become friends with start out closer to what we need in a friend at this point in life.

Answer by Bmat at 9:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I am with idaspida
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I think that it is easier to make friends based on where we are now. We were just kids when we were had many friends. Neither we nor they are the same people. It is fun to make new friends. We just moved to a new state and very small town. The biggest thing is learning to reach out and make new friendships happen. People all need friends. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yeah, I agree! Maybe new friendships are much better, especially if you were a child with the old ones. It shouldn't make any difference, but it does. Some people says they like their privacy or just don't want to be bothered. Nothing wrong with reconnecting with old friends, but many just don't want to pass or still sufferring from the pass even if it doesn't have nothing to do with you.
    ladynell4god

Comment by ladynell4god (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I completely agree! Almost every person I have reconnected with from the old school days is not someone I can see being friends with again..just acquaintances. But, I haven't made many new friends, either..and I'm good with that.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Same here, Bmat..same here.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• So true! I've gotten back in touch with a good many people for school and such and had them walk right back out of my life after a few weeks to a month. I don't get it either.
    KlieneMutter

Answer by KlieneMutter at 4:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2011