Not vaccinating sounds like not wearing seat belts.

I hear so much about people not vaccinating their kids because of possible problems from vaccinating.
To me that makes about as much sense as saying that you don't want to wear a seat belt because of those few cases your heard of where someone would have died had they worn one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Health

• That is a good way to put it. Be prepared to be bashed though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It is totally up to the parents, but my DD is immunized and up to date.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 9:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• yeah.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I should add that my 14 yr old is up to date on all his vaccines.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I agree OP! They are also degrading our "herd" immunity and making it more possible for the diseases to mutate and the immunized people to be susceptible. If they choose not to vaccinate...fine. My children are up to date.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• i agree with you, and i agree with tyfry too lol. and it really really gets me that the 'evidence' some cite for choosing not to vaccinate has been deemed a hoax. it's crazy imo.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Good way to put it! I bet if more parents heard it this way they wouldn't miss any shots!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• all three of my children were vaccinated and healthy as can be. i do agree with pp be prepared the bashers will appear shortly
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I totally agree with you...This is a very touchy subject, but all I am going to say is, I had my child vaccinated because my husband and I believe it is the right choice for our child. Just as some parents believe the opposite.
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2011