Can Anyone Answer This?

When Traveling With a Toddler, Do I Need To Provide The Airline With a Copy Of My Child's Birth Certificate?

My Child is 3 But Looks Like 2 Still. I NEED To Travel & Paying For MY Ticket Is Already Breaking The Bank. She Could Pass For 2 Years Old. I HAVE To Take Her With Me.

This Trip Is For a Legal Matter That NEEDS To Be Resolved. I Have A Court Apperance Next Week.

Can I Tell Them That She Is 2 years Old And Not Need To Provide Her Birth Certificate?
I Have To Take Her With Me, I Have No One To Care For Her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Your best bet is to call the airline and ask.

I think most airlines only charge you for your child if he/she needs a seat. If she's small enough to sit on your lap, you shouldn't have to pay for a ticket.
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 9:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Ask the airline what u need to provide but I for sure would not try to pass her off as 2 bc ull lose ur airline ticket if u need to buy her one and don't have the money for it.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• You still pay for 2yr olds. Its up to 23 months once they are 24 months ticket required. A friend of mine was asked for birth certificate or immunization records because her daughter was tall and they wouldnt believe her.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• sometimes they offer small children over 2, discounted rates. I would call your airline and ask them!!!!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 9:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I didn't know they let anyone ride for free since no matter what, they will take a seat
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I'm pretty sure you have to show proof of his age, like a birth certificate. I'd look on the airlines website.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I looked it up and airlines can require to you to show proof of age.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• your best bet is to call the airlines ahead of time and see what they need and the likes
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i have flowen with my son round trip 2 times....they never id him, only me. i look like a 12-15 year old girl... imho its stupid that they dont id the kid as well, for all the airlines knew, i could have simply kidnapped a random kid to pass off as mine.....ds was 10months and 23months.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• What difference does your child's age make?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2011