Anyone else's kid?

Okay, with potty training, we would usually leave my 2 year old naked.. so that he wouldn't have to fuss with underwear or pants when he needed to go. He pretty much knows how to hold it if he has to go now, so he can be dressed during the day. But, on the occasion that he is undressed or is just getting out the tub, he grabs himself.. normal, right? Well, is it normal for him to touch his butt too? And I'm not saying his cheeks, I mean elsewhere. I dunno. I guess it's just a matter of him exploring and it's just an innocent thing for them to do this. I kinda feel like I let him explore a little too much though. It grosses me out if I catch him doing it, so he's not allowed to be around the house butt naked anymore when he wants. Do any of your kids do this .. or is it just my child???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Children are going to explore. It's in their nature. How do you think we found out about our body parts? If it bothers you, you are right in keeping him covered. Plus, now is the time to start teaching him hygiene, i.e., washing after using the bathroom, etc..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I agree that he may be exploring, but I would be concerned about hygeine. Explain to him that is where his poo poo comes out , and that he doesn't need to get that on his fingers.
    Oliviasmommy131

Answer by Oliviasmommy131 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My son started doing that tonight. At first, I thought that he was playing with himself. Then, it dawned on me that he has discovered a big hole just perfect for his index finger. Like you, I am concerned about his hygiene. I put his diaper on immediately after his discovery.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2008