Dental work done?

I have a cavity and I need to get it taken care of, anyone get dental work done when they were pregnant?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 4:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My Doctor said it was important to go to the dentist because being pregnant cause cavities easily.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 4:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yes. My daughter's teeth bothered her alot while she was pregnant. The dentist did her work for her even though she was pregnant.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• The best time for dental work is 2nd trimester. Make sure your dentist knows that you're pregnant, and be sure to insist on epinephrine free novicaine. (Pregnant women can't have regular novicaine with epinephrine.)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• It's safe during the second trimester, I think. I know theres a certain time in between.... I have to ask my OB this too. I have had it done with previous pregnancies, just not this one yet
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Call your dentist and tell him that you are pregnant. They will tell you if you should have the procedure done now or if it would be safer to wait. They won't want to do any Xrays, and you will want to ask about any anesthetic they use, but anything else should be fine.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• yes i had my cavities fixed when i was prego and my oldest son is fine. they new i was prego and did
    what they needed to do just fine.
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I've had everything from regular dental cleanings,to cavity fillings, to having my wisdom teeth removed while pregnant. It's important to be healthy,have it done during the 2nd trimester,make sure your OB clears it first,and make sure your dentist knows you're pregnant first.
    Jaydedeyz

Answer by Jaydedeyz at 8:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• omg i am in the same boat as you.. i went to the dentist in October of 2007... pregnant with my 1st.. then they found that i had 6 cavaties... they never got to fill them cuz my insurance dropped.. well guess what... i am pregnant with my 2nd, and i stil have this mouth full of painfull teeth!!! I really need to get them filled.. i read some of the comments about the epinephirnie free novicaine.. thats good advice, and makeing sure ur dentist nows ur preggo.
    zoyesmom

Answer by zoyesmom at 10:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2008