I've always wanted to be a surrogate.....

I've always wanted to be a surrogate for a family that desperately wants a child and can't have one. I would only expect my medical bills to be covered, no extra payment. It would be after I'm finished having my own children and I don't think I could use my own eggs but I would love to carry a child and bring it into the world for someone. I realize there's the option of adoption and I think adoption is wonderful but it's not for every family. I was wondering if there were any other women out there that really wanted to be a surrogate for someone or if I'm just weird lol.

courtloux_128

Asked by courtloux_128 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have thought about it, not for the money either, like you said, but just to help another family out. I always joke that my body was made babies because my pregnancy was realitively easy as well as labor. And my mom and grandma all have many children and have never had problems, so I figure, why not help someone who can't have children with something I am actually good at without even trying!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I have thought about it, but I fear that I would love the baby too much and have too hard of a time giving him or her back to their parents.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I used to think it would be an awesome idea-- but now after having 3 kids, and some pretty rough pregnancies and horrible labors.. I think that I would have to put my family through too much to carry another baby as a gift for someone. It would be rewarding.. and tiring at the same time!! I sure couldnt use my eggs like you mentioned either.. Id feel like that was "my baby" and would be able to hand her/him over! lol.. which would not be good! props to all the surrogates, they are making some peoples lives wonderful!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 10:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• wouldnt*** be able to hand her/him over
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 10:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I was a surrogate after having four of my own children and I am so glad I chose to do so. I was able to grow and give triplets to a couple and give them their dream. It was an amazing experience, and amazing feeling! I wrote about it on ModernMom.com as well.
    AllThingsSurro

Answer by AllThingsSurro at 8:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2011