Anyone got experience of homebirths?

I've had all the rest of my children in hospital but I am considering a homebirth this time, it would be good if people could give me advice on this. I know it's really early to be thinking about this but I'm curious as well and have thought about it before with my other children.

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 4:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is good to be thinking about it early. Do you have a midwife to assist, or someone that can assist you?
    Home births are wonderful because you are exposed to so many fewer bacteria and infection risks. You labor at your pace and do what feels natural, which is nice. You are in your comfort zone, which makes labor easier.
    You can pm me anytime and I can get you more info. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Get thee to Birth is Normal & Natural Pregnancy & Childbirth ASAP! TONS of info and some highly informed mamas.
    Jaydedeyz

Answer by Jaydedeyz at 8:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2008