Too many?

My husband and I are considering trying for our third child in a few months. I am excited at the possibility of expanding our family, but worry that our dynamic will be ruined.
We have a 3 year old son and a 1 year old daughter. they play very well together. I am afraid that by adding a third child my oldest son will feel left out and dd might get lost in the mix of a kid starting school and a new baby.

that being said, I think my fears are similar to those that I was feeling while pregnant with our second child- Lily, who I cannot imagine our lives without.

I don't know what my question is. I guess I am just nervous/excited at the idea of having a third baby. Any input is appreciated. Thank you:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have an almost 5yr old & 3yr old girls...........they were/are the best of friends & ever since we added our now 16 month old daughter.....they are all three the best of friends... baby brother is on his way and we could not be happier with all these children!!! I dont think any one child coming along is going to mess up anything.. him/her will fit right in just like the first.. the second.. the third... and so on!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 10:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I only have one 3yr old son but I do want a daughter so I know what its like to want more. But all I can say to you is follow your heart to find your answer. If it feels right then go for it, if not then wait for the time to be right.
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 10:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• There will be endless Pros and Cons whichever way you choose.

Your children will do very well with your love and attention whatever you decide.
    If you're unsure Right Now then maybe come back to this question several months down the road...

I wanted lots more after my second but we weren't able to conceive and now my kids are much older and I am really grateful it worked out this way. For our family this is good.
    I guess if we'd had more then it would have worked out too.
    But life is a never-ending roller coaster full of all sorts of twists and turns, right??
    ;- /

Best wishes!!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:43 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You both have to decide what is best for you, you as a couple, and you as a family
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2011